The role of Technical Manager reports into the Project Director and oversees the technical discipline for the successful delivery of this 1200 + unit scheme.
Principal responsibilities of the Technical Manager role include:
- Overseeing the production of working drawing and detail information and to ensure that it is complete, coherent, accurate and available on time to whoever needs it. The design solutions are to be as practical and economic as possible.
- To work collaboratively with internal and external project specific disciplines stakeholders.
- To discuss any issues/concerns regarding the Technical Department with the Project Director
- To assist and drive the planning process.
- To mobilise the delivery information in a timely manner.
Experience, Qualifications and Skills
- Experience of working as a Technical Manager within a large volume housebuilder.
- Design and Planning Process Management
Qualifications and Training
- Relevant building related tertiary qualifications.
- An Architectural / Technologist qualifications would be an advantage.
- CSCS card or equivalent
Skills and Aptitude
- Excellent attention to detail to deliver the highest possible standards.
- Methodical, conscientious, organised, energetic and punctual.
- Strong communication and listening skills with the ability to be able to build effective working relationships both internally and externally
- To work independently on own initiative but also as an integral part of a project team.
- Ability to thrive under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- IT literate and the ability to adapt to new systems within the technical environment.
- Committed to diversity and inclusion
The Role and Working Conditions
- Office based role
- The role will be performed from a dedicated site based project office.
- The office will be constructed with the sole purpose of providing a space conducive to efficient management of technical, commercial and financial management and will also house the Project Director.
- Willing to be flexible in respect to day to day duties and hours worked.
In return we can offer you:
- Competitive salary
- Annual bonus
- Company car or car allowance
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance
We reserve the right to close this vacancy if a large volume of applications are received